£300 - £320 per day
4 months ago
6 Month Rolling
Security Design Engineer
The Security Design Engineer will be required to:
* Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
* Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
* Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client's operational requirements.
* Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect matrix.
* Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
* Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be produced by the project CAD Engineer.
* Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client technical agreement and sign off.
* Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed document control processes.
* Identify, Manage and control change
* Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase.
* Lead design process meetings both internally and externally taking responsibility to document and record output and actions.
* Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
* Provide the lead role in responding to technical audits
* Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from the initial enquiry to handover / acceptance.
What you need to make real what matters:
* Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
* Ability to interpret client's technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
* Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
* Good Organisational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
* Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
* Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design
* Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills able to communicate at all levels.
* Experience within the utilities or energy industry is preferred.
* Networks - CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience
* CCTV - Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience.
* Electrical - Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
* Up-to-date with the latest industry regulation on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems (C&G 2382)