Up to £300 per day
12 months ago
Enhanced Level 1 Security Vetting Required
Contract role Until March 2020
Key responsibilities of a Security Project Engineer
* Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans liaising with the Project Manager.
* Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements assigning personnel to phases and elements reviewing bids from contractors.
* Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards completing technical studies preparing cost estimates.
* Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
* Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications calculating time requirements sequencing project elements.
* Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress coordinating activities resolving problems.
* Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes recommending actions.
* Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends recommending actions.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Ensure that a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for the project, assessing contract works implementation, giving early warnings.
* Act on behalf of the nominated Project Manager by undertaking audits of the Engineering contract works.
* Implement the Site Quality Management Systems ensuring the approved audit procedure is fully complied with.
* Ensure that the standards of work and the materials supplied by contractors are as specified in accordance with the approved design information via a robust site specific inspection and materials received report.
* Act on behalf of the client in respect of site problems and defects in works under construction
* Advise the Engineering Design and Management Teams on standards of quality, finish and compliance and non-compliance with the specification.
* Participate in the arrangement for the feed-back of information from constructing projects (lessons learned) and ensure the lessons learnt process is considered for positive observations within the process safety triangle.
* Advise designers on the practical aspects of engineering installations, to ensure the soundness and practicality of future design proposals
* Monitor the performance of contractors on site and to ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications adopting _Right First Time Philosophy_
* Provide feedback on the performance of contractors and consultants to contribute to project reporting
* Attend progress team meetings with in-house and external contractors and regular meetings with client representatives to ensure all works are to the agreed PoWs and standards of quality.
* Identify technical issues on site, recommend corrective action to the Project Manager, adopt a proactive approach to communication of construction defects.
* Witness testing, commissioning and performance testing of engineering installations ensuring all permits. SSoW /RAMs/AFC drawings are in place and test documentation is accurately completed.
* Prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items
Key attributes of the Project Engineer
* Design Skills and co-ordination
* Experience of working with utilities such as Gas or Electricity distribution
* Project Management Skills
* Ability to improve process
* Documentation skills
* Ability to lead a team
* Stakeholder/client management abilities
* Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their
* development and training
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post
If you are interested in the role please do not hesitate to send me an updated CV