City of London
about 1 month ago
Position: 2x Networking Consultants
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £450 per day
A top multinational I.T consulting and systems integration company are seeking two skilled Networking Consultants to support their client that designs and builds real-time account-based payments infrastructures, applications, and services. This is a small and growing team based in London.
Key accountabilities and duties for the Networking Consultants: -
- Provide 1st & 2nd line Build and Run Services and consultancy to the business.
- Produce High-Level Designs / Project Design Documents.
- Use HLD’s / PDD’s to produce and implement relevant configurations.
- Take personal ownership and accountability for all network related issues throughout the various stages of the Service Delivery Life Cycle.
- Ideally the candidate will have industry recognised accreditation commensurate with status in role i.e. CCNP minimum (essential). Juniper or F5 equivalents are desirable.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of the following protocols – RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, STP,PVST, RPVST, HSRP.
- Strong firewall skills across Cisco and Juniper product sets are essential
- F5 load-balancer skills highly desirable
- Must have a practical working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies – MPLS, DWDM,VPN, TCP/IP, SSL,
- Must be familiar with using the following network Management tools (or equivalent): o HP Network Node Manager & HP NA o Gigastor (or other packet level analysis s/ware) o Netflow Management o Syslog Management
- Must be familiar with working in an Agile framework – Scrum & Kanban
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- Experience with AWS, Connect Direct, Transit Gateways, VPN, VPC’s etc
- Experience with Azure, Express route, VPN, Vnets etc
- Define and/or follow internal and external Build and Run procedures in line with business or technology requirement.
- Actively demonstrate a flexible approach to all new requirements
- Form an integral part of the Network Services supply chain and work in a cohesive manner with other supply chain elements to deliver against business need
- Must be able to prioritise workloads and manage customer expectations.
- Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure that Internal / External SLA’s and Project Deliverables are met
- Must be able to produce quality documentation and diagrams using MS Office and MS Visio or equivalent.
- Must be able to adhere to strict change management policies and procedures.
- A Financial or Banking background would be beneficial.
The package for the Networking Consultants:
- £450 p/d
- 261.00 work units
- 31days holiday entitlement
- Mon-Fri 09:00 – 17:30
These Networking Consultants will be working remotely due to the pandemic.