North West London, London
£70000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Salary: Up to £75,000 (Depending on experience) + negotiable package
Location: North London
Due to the continued growth of Civils / Fibre contracts new opportunities has arisen to join the Telecommunications division of a large Civil Engineering company. The Quantity Surveyor will own the Commercial function of project works including pre and post contract negotiations. They will be a key contributor in the production of tender documents and will require an understanding of the Civil or Telecommunications market. The role is heavily focused on transactional claims and maintaining a strong profitable working relationship with the end client.
You will require an in-depth knowledge of NEC4 Contracts and a demonstrable background in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management. Any experience in Telecommunications, Civils, Groundworks, Utilities, Streetworks or similar is desirable but not essential.
* Ownership of monthly P&L reports including filing claims on a weekly basis
* General commercial management of work including ability to interrogate costs and add value
* Pre and Post contract negotiation with end client including management of variations
* Assist in the preparation of tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
* Accurately track changes to the design and/or construction work, adjusting budget projections accordingly through the reforecasting process
* Oversee the procurement of the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the project ensuring transparency of rates and recoverable charges
* Measure and value the work done on site during the project lifecycle and on completion to ensure all deviations to plan are accurately costed and included in the application for payment
* An understanding of applicable building law and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, tax and insurance and contract law, so that you understand the legal implications of any decisions
* Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers to ensure the work can be completed within cost projections
* Lead on lessons learnt reporting for project closure ensuring a closed loop for feedback and implementation of identified actions
Please apply with an up to date CV for consideration.