£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Location: London, City
Salary: Up to £100,000 + Benefits + Travel Card + Medical +Pension + Rewards
We are a small disruptive force within the electronic security industry, pioneering the adoption of automated solutions in an industry that has been behind the times for far too long. Bringing innovative solutions and ideas to overcome mundane and error-prone processes has launched us in just 2 years from a 1-man team within a consultancy to a company in our own right. With staff receiving industry accolades, garnering the attentions of multi-national organisations and our software being specified on some of London's most iconic construction projects we're really going from strength to strength.
Having journeyed from an in-house solution to a stand-alone product we are on the cusp of a major re-brand and interface overhaul, looking for a dedicated and ambitious lead developer who wants to help shape the future of an industry ready for a revolution.
We are looking for an experienced, senior full stack developer to lead software development within our ambitious, growing company. We need a confident communicator who wants to take on the challenge of a hands-on role while setting the technical direction of the department. During this stage of growth things are often moving fast and you will be able to adapt and respond at times of pressure, managing evolving priorities and keeping delivery on track.
Someone who has a proven record of working alongside product managers and sales teams to successfully interpret business requirements into a development scope and provide accurate delivery timelines is essential.
If you have a working knowledge or background in the construction, building services and/or electronic security industry this would be advantageous.
Experience working in an agile environment: managing scope change, guiding individuals to deliver business goals
Essential Knowledge and skills:
* A senior level software developer with strong programming skills
* Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications
* Strong leadership with a professional attitude
* Highly self-motivated and driven
* Innovative and creative
* Reliable, flexible and cooperative
* Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature
* Experience of leading a team of developers
* Experience working with the AutoCAD API [2016+], OpenXML, ClosedXML, Interop for Microsoft Office
* Experience working and integrating with 3rd Party SDKs and APIs
* Experience of working on Multi-threaded C# Windows applications
Team Leadership & Planning:
* To assist the Head of Research and Innovation in planning for team growth considering the level of skills required within team
* To steer the technological and process change within the team
* To develop an effective on-boarding strategy for new team members
* Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers
* To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
* Promote well-factored and reusable design across the codebase
* To ensure that all technical design satisfies business goals and user requirements
* Introduce a test-driven strategy for the business and automate the testing of all legacy code
Communication & Problem Solving:
* Collaborate with internal and external clients to determine functional and non-functional requirements and scope new functionality
* To advise on the infrastructure of the system and identify improvements to processes / systems
* To own the communication between development team and contracted vendors so that integrating code is seamless and uniform
* To ensure system documentation is generated and is clear and to a professional standard
If you are interested in this role, can recommend anyone, or require further information please do not hesitate to contact Drew Derry on 01932 83 7792 or via email on