£22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
14 days ago
Our client are market leaders in the manufacturing of scientific lamps for laser systems and the medical industry.
Due to continued growth they are now looking to expand the team. Working as part of a small team in the Lamp Assembly Department using,small lathes, gas torches, vacuum pumps and cutting, grinding and cleaning machines.
● Lamp manufacture, making lamps with quartz to tungsten seals using a
hydrogen gas torch, lathe and small vacuum pump.
● Working accurately to drawings and tight tolerances, checking and
inspecting parts during manufacturing run and following procedures.
● Responsible for own work, checking documentation before starting and
signing off works orders after completion.
● Check and maintain machinery daily.
● Working to minimise waste and maximise productivity and efficiency.
● Working to the agreed delivery schedule.
● Communicating with internal customers.
● Carry out regular stock checks of raw materials.
● General department duties and to keep area clean, tidy and presentable.
● Selecting quartz tubing and cutting to length.
● Grinding quartz tubing to length
● Inspecting quartz tubing to a high quality standard using a light box and
● Cleaning components with auto equipment.
● Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
● A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
● An analytical mindset and organizational skills.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self motivated.
● Keen to learn and take on responsibilities and willing to crosstrain in
Client will consider glass blowers who now want a step up in their career!
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward a copy of your CV 01932822540