£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
2 months ago
The ideal applicant will have worked on office fitout, refurbishment or relocation projects and have exposure to RIBA work stages. This will be a technically varied role with the chance to be exposed to some of the most prestigious construction/fitout/refurbishment projects across a broad range of market sectors. There are also opportunities for international travel (though this is not mandatory).
The role will include the preparation and co-ordination of IT design documentation/drawings for the development of projects. It will also require project management skills both during design and implementation phases.
Applicants should have experience of designing solutions in the following:
▪ IT Comms spaces and IT related M&E and Architectural requirements (Mandatory)
▪ Structured Cabling Systems (Mandatory)
▪ Logical/physical Data Network architectures
▪ Voice Systems and Unified Communications
▪ IP networks
▪ Smart Buildings experience would be advantageous although not essential
▪ AutoCAD experience would be advantageous although not essential
Anticipated Person Profile:
▪ Minimum of 5 years' experience, both technical and commercial, demonstrating the ability to provide high quality consultancy to clients.
▪ Proven track record of designing and specifying IT infrastructure in areas such as commercial office buildings, hotels, high end residential, sports stadia, university campuses etc.
▪ Some previous experience in consultancy with exposure to projects in the built environment is desirable. Otherwise work with a user, manufacturer, communications provider or systems house may be acceptable.
▪ A detailed working knowledge in some or all of the following: Comms Spaces, Cabling Systems Physical and Logical Architectures and Configuration of Data Networks Voice Systems and Unified Communications and convergence of Business and Building systems.
▪ An understanding of associated design practices, performance standards and regulations.
▪ A team player who can work effectively with personnel at all levels
▪ Creative and persuasive personality, a self-starter, able to be both forceful and tactful
▪ Business oriented with the ability to address complex IT issues
▪ Clear and fluent communicator, both in written and spoken delivery.
▪ Graduate or graduate calibre, with a qualification in telecommunications, computing or electronics.
▪ Education: Degree level educated or relevant industry experience ideally with appropriate technology qualification such as CNID/CNIDP or BICSI.
Technical / Consulting responsibilities of the Role:
▪ Engage with Clients to establish clear IT Briefs and technology requirements
▪ Provide input into technology strategy and briefing documentation
▪ Provide advisory and co-ordinate with Design team to agree Comms Room spaces and associated IT infrastructure
▪ Design & specify IT / Structured Cabling systems
▪ Coordinate & Manage the competitive procurement process
▪ Provide M&E, architectural & IT information to the professional team on the IT design
▪ Project Manage appointed contractors through project delivery including approving design submittals, site inspections, final commissioning & acceptance and client handover
▪ Oversee contractor off site and on site testing works.
Please send a copy of your current CV to be considered for an immediate interview.