£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
15 days ago
Field Based Fibre Engineer
Salary: Up to £30k + Company vehicle + Overtime + Tools provided + Company benefits (Holidays/Pension Scheme)
Location: Nationwide (Stay away 5 days a week)
The successful candidate will have:
* A responsible attitude and behave in a manner appropriate to the position.
* Good spoken and written communication skills.
* The ability to make decisions on site, to think on their feet, and to communicate and present information effectively.
* The ability to plan and prioritise his own work as well as the working party under his supervision.
* Integrity and focus and will show initiative.
* Work closely with the Installations Manager and other team members to ensure the success and profitability of the team.
* Splicing of all types of fibre optic technologies, including UG, OPGW, Skywrap and ADSS joints, (multi-mode and single mode fibre) & blown fibre.
* Installation and construction of ODFs, termination shelves and other internal fibre construction jobs, including cable containment & internal cabling.
* Fibre testing with an OTDR and ILM test equipment for testing purposes on both multi-mode and single mode cables and to produce and analyse accurate test documentation, and prepare reports.
* To liaise with customers and/or site management when required, in relation to site meetings, surveys, access and working arrangements and technical queries
* Conversant with MS Word/Excel/Visio
-Clean UK Driving Licence
To be considered for this role please provide an up to data CV.