Birmingham, West Midlands
£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
21 days ago
Salary: Up to £26k + Company vehicle + Overtime (20k OTE possible) + Tools provided + Company benefits (Holidays/Pension Scheme)
Location: Birmingham / Bristol / Reading (Stay away 5 days a week) - Door to Door travel paid, your own hotel room with breakfast included & £20 per night tax free food allowance.
The successful candidate will have:
* A responsible attitude and behave in a manner appropriate to the position.
* Good spoken and written communication skills.
* The ability to make decisions on site, to think on their feet, and to communicate and present information effectively.
* The ability to plan and prioritise his own work as well as the working party under his supervision.
* 2 years minimum fibre splicing experience
* Work closely with the Installations Manager and other team members to ensure the success and profitability of the team.
* Splicing of all types of fibre optic technologies, including UG, OPGW, Skywrap and ADSS joints, (multi-mode and single mode fibre) & blown fibre.
* Installation and construction of ODFs, termination shelves and other internal fibre construction jobs, including cable containment & internal cabling.
* Fibre testing with an OTDR and ILM test equipment for testing purposes on both multi-mode and single mode cables and to produce and analyse accurate test documentation, and prepare reports.
* To liaise with customers and/or site management when required, in relation to site meetings, surveys, access and working arrangements and technical queries
- City and Guilds Fibre Qualifications
- CSCS or ECS