£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Everyone who interviews at this company wants the job and they don't recruit often - don't miss out!! One of the UK's leading Data Centre Connectivity Companies are expanding their field network engineering team. If you are looking to join an independent company that work with some of the world's top data centres then read on. To be suitable for the role, you must have prior experience of working in telecoms field environments installing, commissioning and operating transmission equipment in data centres (PDH / SDH and DWDM).
DWDM / SDH Engineer
Salary: Up to £35,000 + Van, fuelcard, overtime, on-call rates, holiday, pension, etc
Location: Covering London and Home Counties (Slough and Docklands mainly)
* Equipment and infrastructure installation in data centres
* Fibre/Copper patching
* Cable/SDH/Ethernet testing
* Monitors systems / services performance and diagnoses problems through analysis and rectify where possible
* Provide 1st/2nd line support, liaising with the network and provisioning operation teams as required, checking and executing fault or provisioning management tasks
* Interpret system / service reports to determine root cause of incidents, escalating as required
* Prior knowledge of Nortel, Ciena, Cisco or Juniper would be an advantage
Apply with an up to date CV and we will contact you with further details.