Up to £130.00 per day
27 days ago
Job title: Desktop / Technical Support
Location: Holborn, London
* Win7/Win10 or other OS builds onto laptops - encryption and profiling with users
* Win7/Win10 or other OS builds onto desktops - profiling with users
* Flashing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and installation
* Installing applications and testing (remote assist)
* Install and decom desktops and laptops - Lenovo/Dell/HP
* Install and decom peripherals, screens, KVM switches, keyboards and mice
* Provide hardware diagnostics and break fix
* Replace desktop/laptop hard drives
* Map network drives and printers
* Configure Wey switch technology
* Perform LDR checks on Primary Users in order to determine whether hard drive data is HOLD (disk not wiped) or RELEASED (Disk can be wiped)
* Checking asset management tools (CIMS) for chassis and hard drive details
* Perform Disk Wipes with automated tool and provide updates in CIMS
* Update serial numbers recorded via scanners and CIMS
* Demonstrate control of full Asset Life Cycle, includes labelling of assets
* Work with Product Support Engineers (Tier 2/3) to resolve or escalate more complex issues
* Engage with Logistics/Stores in order to request POX Orders or any kit from stores
* Customer facing - speaking with end-users or requestors to arrange installs and decoms
* Vendor facing - break fix deal with Warranty Calls and bookings
Relevant Experience, Abilities & Training Expectations.
Minimum of 3 years working in banking IT environment.
Minimum of 3 Year in Workplace Technology Installations, Moves Adds, Changes and Decommission.
Minimum 2 years' experience in structured cabling installation, fault finding and testing with fluke test equipment.
Good MS Office Suite experience (Outlook, Excel, Word etc)
Self-starter, organized, detailed-oriented and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Prioritization skills and multitasking ability.
Ability to work under pressure.
Thorough knowledge of Asset Management Systems
Thorough knowledge of Ticketing Systems
Thorough understanding of complex change management and service delivery processes.
Ability to mentor and train new starters on all systems, processes and procedures.
Ability to approve / sign off training modules.
Ability to lead / supervise shift activities
Satisfactory Skills Matrix score
Preferred but not Essential
Previous training / qualifications within Information Technology field.
BICSI Technician Training
Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®)
Cisco Certified Network Associate - Data Center (CCNA DCICN DCICT)
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library - Foundation (ITIL®)