Up to £40000.00 per annum
12-11-2021 04:35 PM
This is a dynamic role with the opportunity to own and deliver the QS department ensuring that the business is consistent in all aspects of costing. Candidates for this role will need prior experience working as a FTTP QS ideally with an ISP / Tier 1.
FTTx Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £40k + Pension + Bonus + Holiday + Phone + Laptop + Expenses covered
* Taking off quantities from plans / drawings / specifications for tenders to build up cost estimates
* Preparation of Bill of Quantities
* Preparation of Sub-Contractor / Supplier packages
* Communicating with clients, colleagues, suppliers and sub-contractors to determine the financial needs of completing a project
* Work with the client on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process
* Managing the handover of projects from pre-construction to construction team, and managing the commercial function through to final account and retention release
* Working with the planning team to ensure adequate project planning for the delivery team
* Developing and agreeing with the finance team the project cash flow based on the project plan.
* Conducting pre-start meetings with supply chain, preparation and issue of Contracts for sub-contractors.
* Taking responsibility for change management on the contracts
* Overseeing project re-measurement including the capture and evaluation of project variations
* Managing the Application for Payment process in line with cash flow plan and contract conditions
* Supporting the Commercial Manager in compiling claims / significant variations and progressing these to resolution.
* Compiling the final account on projects and negotiating these to agreement, with support from the Commercial Manager
* Preparation and reporting of CVR reports in accordance with the company management report timetable
Experience / Qualifications:
FTTx Project Experience (Desirable)
Previous QS Experience (Essential)