Senior Technical Advisor - Cyber Security - £70k
- National Communications
- Cyber Security Experts
- Largest Media Regulator in the UK
This company is a leader in phone, broadband, TV, radio and wireless devices regulations. Partnering closely with Government and the National Cyber Security Centre, this company is providing strong and secure networks for business and homes across the entire UK. In addition to the telecoms sector, new responsibilities under NIS for the “Digital Infrastructure subsector”, where they have a Network Security team ready to deliver against these important priority areas for the business.
You will be part of team looking to re-shape the future of communication services. Working closely with other members of the Network Security team, this role is responsible for working across the various cyber security regulatory regimes implemented by the team including Telecoms sector and Network/Information Systems Regulations:
- Good experience and understanding of conducting security assurance assessments or audits, and subsequent management of remediation plans, within the telecoms or the digital infrastructure sectors.
- Comprehensive experience in evaluating technical security vulnerabilities and identifying reasonable and appropriate control measures.
- Broad experience across all cyber security risk management domains
- Experience in practical application of cyber standards and guidance, such as 10 Steps to Cyber Security, NIST etc.
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness and understanding of emerging telecoms or digital infrastructure technologies, including via training, industry liaison and identifying, commissioning and managing specific external technical research projects.
Salary package for the Senior Technical Advisor:
- Basic salary - Up to £70k
- Flexible working
- Negotiable benefits.
The Senior Technical Advisor will be based either near London or Manchester with flexible working.