Senior/Principal Data Engineer - ML, BI, Cloud Data - £60-100k + £10k bonus
- Google Cloud's Partner of the Year - 3 times
- Passionate about cutting-edge technology and solutions
- International growth in Europe
The company host a tech-centric environment across Europe. They are a collaborative, eclectic team across data science, engineering, analytics, consulting, cloud, development and operations. Cultivating excellence, learning and improving solutions is a regular occurrence in their labs. Leading from the front when it comes to cloud data engineering, advanced analytics and machine learning solutions.
The Senior/Principal Data Engineer will collaboratively work on the engineering part of their projects and work closely with other business functions across BI, Data Science and Sales, creating end-to-end solutions for clients. Innovation, designing and building scalable, efficient, and innovative data solutions utilising Google Cloud, Looker, and other technologies. The Senior/Principal Data Engineer will be working in an Agile environment together with a team across data scientists, machine learning, data analysts and data engineers.
Requirements for the Senior/Principal Engineer:
- 3+ years of build big data solutions with such technologies as; Spark, Beam, Hadoop, Flink, Kafka, etc.
- Experience of building solutions in GCP.
- Experienced in DevOps concepts such as CI/CD, IaaC, monitoring and alerting.
- Architecting experience in cloud infrastructure.
- Great experience building scalable and highly-performant code.
- Strong programming experience in both Python and Java, bonus points for Go and Scala.
- Communication is key so will need to effectively converse in both written and verbal channels.
- Passionate about data and analytics.
- Experience in producing tested, resilient, and well documented applications.
- MSc or BSc degree in Computer Science or tech related field.
Benefits for the Senior/Principal Engineer
- £60-100k base.
- £10k personal bonus + annual team bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Choice of laptop tech scheme and £100 home equipment allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Learning encouraged - £700 conference allowance + 4 days – multiple courses available.
This is a mix between remote/office with a lab/hub in Canary Wharf, London.